The SHGC Plant and Flower Show will be Saturday, June 13th beginning at 9 a.m. located at the Winchester Center. Last year's show was a resounding success. It was great to see what our members are growing. So come join us and bring something from your garden! Here is additional information regarding the show.
- We will not be having a business meeting,
- There will be an award in each category; flowers, bouquets, foliage, container gardening.
- All plant materials must be fresh and grown by the club member.
- You can have more than one entry.
- Species are flowers, miniatures (plants that are a smaller version of an existing variety), plants, ferns, and herbs.
- Flowers of only one species must be in clear vases, one stem in each vase.
- All other plant material can be displayed in a container of your choice and you can double pot if you want to.
- There will be an Educational Exhibit table available if you want to bring rare specimens or educational reading material.
- All exhibits must be labeled with scientific & common name on numbered cards provided. The names will be written in by the participants and use the back for feedback.
Ann Gombos and Patsy McClary will provide coffee, tea, and punch. Everyone else will be asked to please bring finger foods to share.